It’s been a long time since I discovered and tested travel apps on my smartphone. There are some who have become my travel partners ! Very practical so I use them often even just to have travel ideas.
All these applications are obviously free and I do not collaborate with any of them (except momondo but my opinion is always honest).
- momondo: I knew it before being momondo ambassador but I did not know all the features. I can tell you today that it just makes me dreaming. A little too much ! The “explore” function is my favorite so far. Finding a destination based on your desires, your budget and the cheapest flight, it’s just amazing ! I give you here an overview:
- Rome2rio: All travel options are gathered in this app: bus, train, plane, car and even ferry. A wealth of information for traveling all over the world. I just LOVE it ! I found the app when I do my research to travel alone. It is thanks to this that I was able to define my trip in Europe. An example:
- Hostelworld: A good alternative for finding cheap accommodation. There are many possibilities and it’s just as good, if not better, than some of the best known ones !
- Flightradar24: You can track all flights in real time, yours, of a friend or just the one that passes over you. Take a look at this impressive map:
- Travello: This is the social network of the traveler. On the path laid as Instagram, you can socialize with a lot of people nearby as on the other side of the world.
- Worldpackers: Traveling alone, with your partner, with your family and free accommodation is possible ! It’s a service exchange site and it’s really very complete.
And finally, there’s a new app just waiting to get followers to grow and improve its content to become the traveler’s real social network: Cait app.
Have a nice trip !